Harvesting in May – Radish
CLICK HERE for Radish recipes
Smoked Trout Rillettes with Radishes and Celery
yield: Makes 10 servings
- 3/4 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh dill plus sprigs for garnish
- 1 1/2 tablespoons (or more) fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups small pieces smoked trout fillets without skin and bones (about 6 to 7 ounces)
- Assorted crackers and rye, pumpernickel, and black bread slices
- 2 bunches of small radishes, trimmed Inner celery stalks, cut into sticks
Mix mascarpone, green onion, chopped dill, and 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice in small bowl. Add trout and stir gently to blend. Season to taste with salt, pepper, and more lemon juice, if desired. Transfer mixture to small serving bowl. DO AHEAD: Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill. Let stand at room temperature 1 hour before serving.
Place bowl with rillettes on platter; surround with crackers, bread slices, radishes, and celery stalks and serve.